The “Old School” Flooring Business Model
For decades the traditional business model for selling goods and services has been finding a need in the marketplace, creating a working relationship with a vendor who can you fill the need, opening up shop, advertising, marketing, hiring employees, paying for benefits, employee salaries, and other ongoing expenses. With this “old school” business model, there are 3 major issues with this:
- The operating costs are always reflected in end consumer pricing – the shop owner’s family has to eat too;
- You have to schedule your shopping around the hours the business is open – and if you’re like most of us, that’s evenings and weekends when store hours and in-store experts can be limited.
- The store only has so many shelves to hold all of their products – this means when vendors may have many (in some cases hundreds) of options, you only get to see which one’s the store has chosen, limiting your ability to find something that’s exactly what your looking for (which means even more time wasted shopping around)
That doesn’t sound like much fun does it? Renovations and upgrades should be exciting and unique to you and your family – that’s where Direct Design Floor comes in.
Choosing flooring is like laying the foundation for your life. It’s where your child might take their first steps, or where your pets will curl up, or where you host family and friends for special celebrations – it’s the signature for your home, every day.
Times Are Changing & It’s Time To Adapt
The way consumers are purchasing products online today, from groceries to clothing to technology, website such as Amazon and eBay have given the buying power back to the consumer. Every day consumers are purchasing online not only for convenience (products show up right at your door) but also for price comparison and selection. With the “middle man” taken out of the equation, pricing is much more cost-effective for the end consumer.
At Direct Design Floor, we have adopted this business model to bring you flooring and flooring accessories to you direct from the wholesalers and suppliers. What’s the result?
- No more overpriced flooring – the markup from a traditional “box store” is not applied to the end user which results in significant savings direct to the customer (in some cases up to 33%+ in savings).
- You have much more selection on our website as compared to walking into a large box store as we are able to source much more product and don’t have to limit it by the number of shelves we have.
- You are able to shop as you wish from your couch, your favourite coffee shop, after the kids go to bed or simply, wherever YOU feel like it – whenever YOU feel like it! Our website allows you to browse 24/7 and our customer support is here to help when you need it.
- Direct to your door – no more wondering how you are going to get your purchase home as we will ship to your door!
So whether you are starting your search process to find the flooring that best represents you and your family, considering different flooring types and require samples, or are ready to purchase, we’re glad you’re here.
This is going to be an incredible decision for you, your family and your project, and we are here to help. Reach out to one of our representatives via our online chat system or phone (9am-5pm PST) or email at your convenience.